Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Needed to format

• Please log in to reply

seph

seph

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I had to reformat my computer now that i have done this i cant get any sound it is saying i dont have a sound card, i am a bit of a novice with computers so i dont even know how to check what sound card i have ,, here is my Hijak

Please do not post hijack this logs in any other forum than the malware forum as it will incourage others to do so as well. Your log has been removed and re-attached as a text file

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi seph! Welcome to G2G!

The reason you have no sound is most likely because the drivers for the sound card are not installed. For clarification, a driver is a piece of software that tells Windows how to communicate with and use a piece of hardware. To help you figure out what driver you need for your sound card, I will need to know the make and model of your computer. An example would be a Dell Dimension 3000.

Fenor

seph

seph

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
well as i said i am a complete bloody moron and i have no idea what the computer is, i was hoping you could tell by the hijak

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Right-click MY COMPUTER, click on PROPERTIES, in the new window that appears, click on the HARDWARE tab and then click the DEVICE MANAGER button. Are there any items listed that have yellow exclamation/question marks next to them? If there are, please list them in your reply.

Next, download install and run Everest Home Edition, which you can download using the link in my signature. Once you have it running, click on REPORT and the Report Wizard should run. When you come to the REPORT PROFILES page of the wizard, make sure you have radio button next to System Summary Only selected. Then click NEXT, you can leave HTML selected and click FINISH. The report will then be generated and a new window will appear. In this new window that appears, click SAVE TO FILE and save the report as REPORT.HTM somewhere on your computer where you will remember its location. Please attach this file to your reply.

Fenor