Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

changed the power supply still no lights, no fans,no beeps

• Please log in to reply

helpme12

helpme12

• Pip
  • 6 posts
i have a friend's mothers computer it is a emachine t2895. she said it kept hanging or freezing up. I replaced the ps and still it wont turn on

Advertisements

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
Are there any beeps from the computer when you push the power button?

helpme12

helpme12

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
no beeps at all. today i noticed that the processor was burnt...i replaced the motherboard and now it seems like i am stuck in a circle...it will not boot from hdrive....i am in the process of setting logical dos partition and reformatting but it is still going on formatting now for 2 hours

Seven!

Seven!

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
Depending on the size of the hard drive, formatting can take quite a while.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
What do you mean burnt heat damage is a very bad sign anything with scorch marks is more or less fried usually.

helpme12

helpme12

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
i have changed the mother board because i saw some burn marks on the proccesor chip...after that i deleted all partions and reformated and tried x 2 to load the system recovery disks with no sucess...it will not boot tells me there is a problem with windows/sys file?

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Just to pipe in, if you saw burn marks on the PROCESSOR, then why did you replace only the MOTHEBOARD? You should replace both, because they are both most likely fried and useless now.

Fenor