Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Speaker Problem (5.1)

• Please log in to reply

Ange|

Ange|

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I recently just got new speakers (X-530 Logitech, 6 piece, 5.1), the problem is that i can only get sound from the front 2 speakers and the subwoofer. The middle front and back 2 speakers give no sound at all. So basically my 5.1 speaker system is only working as a 2.1 system. My Asus integrated sound settings is set to 5.1 and I don't know why it is still working like a 2.1 sound system. I did the Speaker Configuration test and the middle and rear speakers didn't sound at all.
If you guys have a solution to the problem please reply.
Thank you.
btw my motherboard is Asus A8N5X

Advertisements

Dockboy

Dockboy

• PipPip
  • 79 posts
Hi,

Try this:

Go to: Start->Control Panel->Sounds and Audio Devices

On the Volume tab, click the 'Advanced' button at the bottom right-hand side of the screen. On this screen, bring down the drop down menu, and select 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers. This should set Windows to use 5.1 sound.

Also, try going to the Asus website and downloading the latest drivers for your motherboard. Here, I grabbed the link to the drivers section:

http://support.asus....SLanguage=en-us

Just select Motherboard, the Series of motherboard, and then the model of motherboard. From there you should be able to find the latest audio drivers.

Let me know what goes down.

Cheers:)

Ange|

Ange|

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
OMG I am so stupid! I got my sister to check over the plugs and she told me to plug the black plug into the grey hole and it worked! Thanks everyone for all the help =)