Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

problems with a chatbox

• Please log in to reply

damien0124

damien0124

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
My mom has a problem connecting to a cuban chatbox, on the website www.jovenclub.cu/chat.
when she is trying to connect it says:

[19:54] Conectando...
[19:54] Imposible conectar : java.net.ConnectException : Connection timed out: connect

(connecting, imposible to connect: java.net.ConnectException : Connection timed out: connect )

Can you please help me?

Advertisements

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,802 posts
Hello damien0124.

Are you trying to connect while behind a firewall? And do you have the latest version of Java?

Java Download

damien0124

damien0124

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I have downloaded the newest version of JAVA, and i don't think my moms PC has a firewall

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,802 posts
Before we make any changes, please create a system restore point by going to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore. Create a restore point for today. Call it "dial-a-fix"

Next, download Dial-a-fix from http://fileforum.bet...ll/1131569373/2

When you download it, double-click on it to extract all of its files. Then open the folder it creates. Double-click on the file called Dial-a-fix.

At the top-left corner, check the boxes next to Install Windows Script Host and Install VB6 Runtime. At the bottom, click on GO.

When it is finished fixing/installing, reboot your computer. See if it works now.

If not, please download and run hijackthis Do a scan and then save a log. Take the log and ATTACH IT (do not post) to your next post.

We do not like to post hijackthis logs in sections other than the malware forum as we do not want to encourage people to post malware issues in this forum.

I am not looking for malware. I am looking for what programs or combinations of programs might cause this behavior. If I notice any malware, I will redirect you to the malware forum.

If you post a hijackthis log in this forum, several trusted techs will come to your house and eat all of your Ritz crackers, Cheeze Doodals and any sweet pickles you have in your fridge. We will also put our feet up on all of your coffee tables. This is no joke. We'll do it. It's not pretty. :whistling: