Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

unrecognized services

• Please log in to reply

headwayne

headwayne

• PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
[attachment=8133:attachment]i ho[attachment=8133:attachment]pe that I will be able to do the instructions for attaching this report so you Whizzes can read it and let me know what is going on

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
http://www.liutiliti...library/dvpapi/

seems to be part of authentium antivirus...do you have that installed?

the rest of the services listed there are all legit (but you didn't ask about those so..)...

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hey there headwayne, I looked up a few of the unknown services and this is what I got:

Unknown Service #1
Service Name: Diskeepe
Executive Software's Diskeeper (Defragmenter)

Unknown Service # 2
Service Name: dvpapi
Command Software Systems, Inc. - anti Virus

Unknown Service # 3
Service Name: ewido security suite control
Related to ewido networks

Unknown Service #4
Service Name: SwPrv
Manages software-based volume shadow copies taken by the Volume Shadow Copy service. If this service is stopped, software-based volume shadow copies cannot be managed. If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start.

Unknown Service # 5
Service Name: WMConnectCDS
Legit Entry, I couldnt really find a descrption but looking at the reports it seems to be ok

I dont see any malware here. All these things seem to be legit. Cool :whistling:

Edit: Sorry dsenette. Well here is a bit more information. Cool

Edited by spike_hacker_inc, 27 April 2006 - 01:23 PM.

headwayne

headwayne

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
thank you so much. i guess when i saw the word virus i went into panic mode.
could the authentium be the anti-vius program that came with the Windows XP2. The one that is turned off because with it on I could do nothing on the internet? Ewido and the security suite that is with Verizon DSL are just fine. would it free up enough space to remove it or just leave it alone?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
if you didn't install it...then see if it's in add/remove programs and uninstall it..i've seen a few references to it not being very good...and possibly opening security holes