Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Firefox 'npsdplay' Error

• Please log in to reply

Doomspoon

Doomspoon

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Please help.

Since the last release of Firefox I've had problems with pages not displaying embedded media in the forms of videos, flash animations etc. Since purging my system of malware and related files today I've experienced for the first time "Can not create DirectShow Player" on a site I visit, the site has not been displaying the media since the Firefox update however. All content is shown when IE is used but no such luck with Firefox.

Any simple advice on how to get media playing on Firefox is much appreciated. I am not technically minded so the simpler the information, the better. Thanks.

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Check Tools>Downloads Tab>Click View & Edit Actions. See if your plug-in is listed and set for FF to open. If not, you may have to go to the Mozilla Plug-in page and re-install the plug-ins for FF.

Ron