Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Intervideo DVDCopy 2

• Please log in to reply

Renegade

Renegade

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Hi

I thought that I should backup my DVD's and knew that I had this program and that it should be possible to fit a 9.4 GB DVD onto a 4.7 DVD.

But when I tried this I get a message that there isn't enough room on the selected source!

What's wrong?

Is there something wrong with the discs I bought (FujiFilm 1-16x)? Our is it something wrong with my drivers or with the DVD-recorder (Nec DVD-RW 3520A)

I hope you can help me, and I be glad to answer any questions you might have.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
you can't fit 9.4 gigs of data onto a smaller space like a 4.7.... In order for you to backup a 9 gig dvd you need a burn that is capable of burning dual layer and then compatable media.

the reason people can burn a 9gig movie dvd is that they strip out all the extras and stuff and just go with the basics.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Yeah they remove the extras sometimes although generally the way they do it is to take the movie and rip it into a smaller size file then burn it, you can get them down to 4gigs there is lots of tutorials its quite easy to do with the correct tools and it takes a couple of hours. You can actually keep the menus and things like that and extra content as long as its not to large and you rip it as well.

However i dont think im allowed to give you specifics as in order to do this you bypass copyright protection and the legalities of it are a bit grey you are technically allowed to have a backup but arent allowed to break the copy protection to do it, so its complicated, however using google and i have a link posted in free apps thread above you might want to read through see if you can find something that will do the job.