Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PDA to wireless network

• Please log in to reply

kelvinb

kelvinb

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
:whistling: H E L P >>>>>>>>> :blink:

I have got an ACER N35 PDA / GPS ( fantastic bit of kit.............) running OS version 4.20.

I have recently bought like many others an SDIO card made by ' SAFECOM ' in order to join to my home wireless network.

After a lot of mucking about - reading forums and on line help from SAFECOM - I finally got it working by changing wireless channel - so far so good - 5 days no problem - now NOTHING.

All channels - no latch-on but when scanning, the nominated wireless channel IS located with all usual data noted.

Have reinstalled PDA drivers and soft reset - no difference - Only thing havent yet tried is Hard reset but at present reluctant to do so.

When mobile - 'sniffer' DOES pick up other signals so suspect receiver OK.

Wireless at home is LINKSYS wrt54g running 2 x PC, 1 x Laptop and for a short time my PDA - network still operational on existing equipment.

Any help most gratefully received.

:help: M A R T I N :)

Advertisements