Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Bluetooth Setup Installation Error

• Please log in to reply

Jeffho

Jeffho

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I have an Acer Travelmate C204TMi Tablet and when I boot it up, I got the error message that the Bluetooth Driver has a "Setup Installation Error" message. And when I downloaded the driver and re-install it again, I got another error message "The application has failed to start because the btwhidcs.DLL was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this probem". I tried to re-install the driver again but the error message (including the Setup installation error) still appears every time I boot up my Acer Travelmate. Please see attached ppt file for a detailed explanation of the problem.

The Bluetooth Driver on my Acer is WIDCOMM v4.0.1.2304 dated 16/08/2005 (by Broadcom Corporation).

Please help me to resolve this problem. Thanks!

Regards,
Jeffho

Attached Files

Edited by Jeffho, 28 April 2006 - 05:22 AM.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Use add / remove to uninstall the bluetooth programme, but check you have access to everything you need to re-install it

Click start then all programmes, accessories, system tools to run disc clean up, then also from system tools, run disc defragmenter

Click start then run, type prefetch then press enter, click edit then select all, (all files will highlight), right click any file, click delete, confirm then reboot.

Download, install and run
Tune Up 2006 Trial

Run Tune Up disc clean up

Run Tune Up registry clean up

Click Optimize and Improve to run Reg Defrag, the screen will lose colour during the process which can take a few minutes and then needs a reboot

Those will have cleared the drive of obsolete software errors

These are suggestions for making the most of the free trial

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to optimize the computer, select computer with an internet connection from the drop down menu, this also requires a reboot

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to accelerate downloads, select the speed just above your actual connection speed, this requires a reboot.

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to run system advisor

Re-install the bluetooth programme

Jeffho

Jeffho

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello Keith,
Your suggestion works. Many many thanks for your help which is very very much appreciated!

Thanks so much again!

Regards,
Jeff
:whistling: :) :help: :D :) :blink:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Thank You for letting me know