Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Upgrade and Full computer

• Please log in to reply

The Colonel

The Colonel

• PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
Alright, I am helping out some m8s from school by posting this real quick.

One is upgrading from a P4 1.3GHz with a GeForce MX4000 and 256 MB RAM.

Upgrade Parts: P4 2.8 GHz with 1 GB Ultra DDR400 RAM, and a nwe case with Ultra X-Finity 500W PSU. He also wants to upgrade his video card for about $100-$130. 128 Radeon 9800 PRO, 256 GeForce FX5900, 128 GeForce 6800. Anuyhing better for the price? If not, what is your opinion on the best of those lot?

Then I am building a $500 gaming rig for another. Check the list, the prices are correct.

A64 3200+ Socket 939 512k L2 cache --- $125
GigaByte GeForce 6800GS 256 PCIe --- $182
MSI K8N Neo nFORCE 4 --- $77
Ultra 1024MB PC3200 DDR --- $60
Power Up Silver ATX w/ Ultra XFinity 500W - $80

He has all the rest of the parts. That list look good?

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Gfx cards your running inot bother the 9800 and FX are good but old and are having problems with new games sometimes as happens with old cards, what i might try is see if you can get a good deal on a 7600GS.

The build looks good.

The Colonel

The Colonel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
Roger that. In school today, for half the day they called me the "Cheap [bleep] Gamer" because I am known for trying to cheap down as much as possible. BTW, your $500 computer thing, could be that computer right there.