Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HyperThreading

• Please log in to reply

Dedrivudd

Dedrivudd

• PipPip
  • 98 posts
Hey everyone ! ^^
I have been gone for ages.. I was on a long vacation etc.
I need help with something..
I have windows xp so I think this should go here ?

Anyway I use The Gimp becuase I love it.
Well I need to get some script fu's working and I saw this when re-installing it.

"The Setup detected that your CPU has HyperThreading enabled. This is known to cause lockups with certain buggy BIOSes. If GIMP appears to hang up while loading extension_script_fu, try to either upgrade your BIOS or disable HyperThreading in the BIOS setup.
Consult your motherboard's manual for more information on how to upgrade the BIOS or how to disable HyperThreading. "

So I need to disable it ?
Well I'm not sure what HyperThreading is and what does it do or how to disble it..
So if you guys could help me out it would be awesome !

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Boot the PC and keep tapping the delete key until it enters set up, it will be on one of the screens, press F10 to save if you change anything, type Y, press enter, reboot

Dedrivudd

Dedrivudd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
Hmm.. okay..
Do you think something "negative" might happen to my pc if I change it to disable ?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
are you actually having conflicts with the gimp? and hyperthreading....that message seems to be pointing out a POSSIBLE problem..b.ut you never said if you are ACTUALLY having the problem....remember..if it aint broke...dont fix it

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You can re-enable it, my preference is for finding another programme which will do the scripts with it enabled

Dedrivudd

Dedrivudd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
dsennette - Wow replies are faster nowdays xD
Anyways yes I do have the problem..

You see people I'm trying to use the script-fu to convert abr brushes to gbr but everyone gets it working so I tried many different things. Then I contacted the creator of the script and talked to him. Then I saw this message..

Keith - The problem is there isn't anyother.. there is abr2gbr but it works like only on ps 7 brushes