Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Asus A7V8X-X Keyboard wake-up feature.

• Please log in to reply

Diego8

Diego8

• PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
I have an Asus A7V8X-X motherboard and i would like to enable the keyboard wake-up feature.

The first thing i did was read the manual about this. It said that i had to change one jumper setting, which i did.
Then the manual says "This feature requires an ATX power supply that can supply at least 1A on the +5VSB lead".
The problem is that i can't find the +5VSB connector to connect the cable to it.
Does anyone know where is it?.

I also tryed turning on the computer with that jumper setting but neither keyboard nor mouse work.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Hi

There isn't a seperate +5VSB connector. The +5VSB lead is part of the main 20/24 pin ATX power connector.
All you have to do is set the jumper correctly as you already mentioned. Providing the PSU is capable of providing 1A on the +5VSB, then it should work.

The reason you couldn't power the PC on using the keyboard is because it won't work if the system has been turned off fully. This feature only powers the system back on after you place the computer in Standby, suspend or soft off. You must also have PME (Power management events) enabled in the bios.

Diego8

Diego8

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
Thanks for that. I will check if the PS can supply at least 1A to the +5VSB.
The problem is that if set the jumper to enable this feature i can't use the mouse or keyboard. I don't mean that i can't turn on the computer by keyboard i mean that neither keyboard nor mouse work at any time, even when i'm in Windows.

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Are you using a PS/2 or USB mouse & keyboard?

Diego8

Diego8

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
Both mouse and keyboard are PS/2.

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Hmm. I suggest you try updating the bios. According to the available updates on Asus's website for the A7V8X-X, there are a couple of updates which fix PS/2 related issues.
Determine what version your bios currently is, then download the relevant update. Do not update to a version more than 2 levels above your current one in one go. i.e if for example, your current bios is v1009 & you want to update to version 1013, then update to version 1011 first, then 1013 afterwards.

Let me know how you get on