Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP SP2 taskbar delays response or hungs up on joining a domain

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

tlaurencet

tlaurencet

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I recently installed a Windows XP SP2 on a unit and will be used as a workstation. I have windows2003 service pack 1 for a server and is already configured with DHCP and AD.
My problem is that everytime i add my computer as a member of my domain, and log on as a administrator for the workstation's account (not windows2003 account) my taskbar delays its response. I can't click Start and if you leave it for a while(about 30 mins to 1 hr), the bar just functions back to Normal or sometimes it just hungs up. On the other hand, everytime i log on as an administrator for my windows 2003, my workstation will delay response on "Loading personal settings" for about 30 minutes, then stucks up of "applying computers settings"!! Please help....!! Thanky ou in advance.

Advertisements

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hey there tlaurencet, welcome to Geeks To Go Forums.

I have noticed that you have posted double, these forums are very busy but as soon as some one can help, they will do so. Sorry for the long wait. Thank you.

Could everyone reply here to aviod confusion:
http://www.geekstogo...35

This post will be closed shortly. :whistling: