Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Major performance problems

• Please log in to reply

Tyler5690

Tyler5690

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
I recently upgraded one of my systems to a Sempron 2400+, 2 GBs of DDR, and a NVidia GeForce FX5500 128MB graphics card. I installed the latest NVidia drivers. I then decided to try some games, Battlefield 1942 and Battlefield Vietnam specifically. I was shocked at the dismal performance. The games were glitchy and slow when compared to my other system, a 1.2 GHz Celeron, 512 MB SD, and a GeForce 4 MX440 64MB graphics card.

Does anybody have any suggestions on what might be the cause of the poor performance, or how to increase system performance?

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Administrator
  • 24,501 posts
Were the games running at the same resolution? Did you have another video card previously installed in this system?

Tyler5690

Tyler5690

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
Yes, same resolution and depth, same video settings. I did have a previous video card, a Radeon 7000.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Administrator
  • 24,501 posts
http://www.drivercleaner.net remove the ATI and nVidia drivers completely. Reboot and install the latest driver from nVidia.com