Welcome Guest to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE
Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of friendly volunteers serve up answers and support. Get free advice from the experts. Feel free to browse the site as a guest. However, you must log in to reply to existing topics or start a new topic of your own, and enjoy all this forum has to offer. Additionally, if you can assist another member by sharing your knowledge, please post a reply! Best of all - Registration and all assistance, is FREE! Learn more about How it Works. Infected? Malware Cleaning Guide. What are you waiting for?
Create an Account Login to Account

ironcache

• Please log in to reply

sano

sano

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
Hi.
i run xp home sp2 with firefox - i have a file named "ironcache" this file grows/expands after each session. For my peace of mind, what information does this file collect? On my old pc i would delete it, but i am trying not to crash this one. Registry cleaners etc do not remove or clean it. :whistling:

Located at - docs and settings/account name/local settings/application data.

All opinions appreciated

Advertisement

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
You probably mean a file called ICONCACHE.DB (not ironcache). It's just a database file telling windows which icons to display on the desktop and within applications. Nothing remotely worth worrying about.

sano

sano

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
yes sorry it was iconcache - thanks pip22

Advertisement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

As Featured On:

featured