Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What browsers support css, javascript and php ?

• Please log in to reply

Allsortgroup

Allsortgroup

I SPAMMED Too Much!

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts
Hi there,

What browsers support php and what browsers don't ?
What browsers support javascript and what browsers don't ?
What browsers support css and what don't ?

:whistling:

Advertisements

Ryan

Ryan

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,867 posts
I believe that all recent browsers support CSS and javascript.

CSS is all styling, but all browsers do not support everything. ( IE doesn't support {text-decoration: blink} while firefox does.

JavaScript can be turned off in various ways. You might want to let visitors know that they need it enabled.

I know that all browsers support PHP. The reason for that is PHP is a server-side language, and all the work involved in PHP takes place before the information is transfered to you computer.

-Ryan

Edited by rmurphy, 29 April 2006 - 11:25 PM.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
PHP is server side dependent and doesn't care for the web browser.

All browsers from IE3 upwards and Netscape 3 through Mozilla through Firefox take Javascript. Exceptions include Web TV and so forth.

CSS is partly supported in IE3 (though it doesn't really care for CSS), better support is added from IE4 (though the IE6 support is now considered poor). On the other side, Netscape 4 had crap support, Netscapes 6, 7 and 8 were better and Firefox/Mozilla reigns superior.

Allsortgroup

Allsortgroup

I SPAMMED Too Much!

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts
Ok, thanks for your help.

I will now use a include php file in my html documents rather than an include javascript file.

:whistling: