Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Bookmarks

• Please log in to reply

JHans

JHans

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

I logged onto the Internet about a week ago and all of my bookmarks had disappeared from my msn favorites. My wife could still access hers, until 2-3 days later. We have separate user log-in, and separate bookmark files. Now hers have all disappeared as well. I read one posting that referred to this problem, but most of the information involved Firefox--which we do not have. We'd appreciate any help on this problem. Thanks.
J Hans

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
I don't use MSN, but if it saves favourites in the same format as IE, the bookmarks file will be called BOOKMARK.HTM. You can use the search tool to locate this file and, if it exists, copy it to your desktop then import into msn. It's always a good idea to export a backup of your favourites, just as you should keep backups of all your personal data files.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
This may work for you:

1) Bring up Desktop Manager by Ctrl + Alt + Del ( the only thing you might be able to bring up)
2) Then click on Processes and the New Process Tab
3) In the box that comes up, click Browse and browse to CD Drive and insert your Windows XP Disc
4) Then chose Windows Install
5) It should recognize that you already have Windows installed and do a Repair (about 50mins)

You should now have Internet Explorer 6 installed.

Ron