Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Xoftspy.exe

• Please log in to reply

Minz

Minz

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
It keeps saying that Xoftspy is running, and click yes to close n uninstall. But its not working. How do i uninstall it. I have tried to close the program from the task manager. Its not happening.. :whistling:

Advertisements

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hey there Minz, welcome to Geeks To Go Forums.

Try booting up into safe mode and uninstalling it from there.

Restart your computer and as soon as it starts booting up again continuously tap F8. A menu should come up where you will be given the option to enter Safe Mode.

Open the Control Panel’s Add/Remove Programs list and remove the following: (Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs)
Xoftspy

Cool :whistling:

Edited by spike_hacker_inc, 29 April 2006 - 04:13 PM.

Minz

Minz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
There seems to one problem... I am not able to boot in safe mode.
I was having spyware problems earlier. According to my current HJT logs everythings ok. I am beginning to get annoyed. kinda confused if my comp is messed or not.

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hey again, OwNt has requested that you send a new log after the scan had been completed. Go ahead and finish all the instructions he gives you, when you have completed there and still have a problem then continue to post here and I will be glad to help you.

Minz

Minz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
I am goin to try and boot in safe mode.. hopefully I can uninstall xoftspy then. Else you might have to tell me some other way.. :whistling:

Minz

Minz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Done!!

Thankies alot!!!

I am glad I found this forum.. now I dont have to worry about my compieeee..