As the title suggested, my computer TOTALLY freezes when reading any type of cd/dvd, can't even open the dvd drive, mouse won't move, processor isn't running, forced to restart. Here is a more detailed explanation:
1. Never had this problem until today morning (Apr 29th), I was inserting an actual DVD (dvd player formatted) to play on my computer. It wwas working fine for almost an hour, and the total freeze came in.
2. Tried to reboot, insert it back, after a little while (like 2 mins) the freeze came in again. I gave up on it and went down to view it on my dvd player.
3. Just before now ( 7:00pm ), I wanted to install software from a CD, it was installing for a while then the freeze kicked in again. Now I'm starting to notice it's the CD/DVD drive's problem.
4. I rebooted, didn't even run the CD drive, just a few moments after startup, totally frozen again.
5. Rebooted without CD in drive, and it's working fine (like right now i'm able to write this )
I've never encountered any problems like this. Is it caused by hardware problem? It's a LG DVD rw drive.
Please help me out. Thank you very much.