Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Call of Duty Problem

• Please log in to reply

JackZeRipper

JackZeRipper

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
Hello G2G guys. I need help!

Well, one day my Call of Duty stopped working, so I tried to uninstall it and nothing came up. When I insert a CD into the Computer(A CoD cd) the Call of Duty screen comes up. So I click Multi-Player and i am there, but everything looks bizzare. My friend tells me i have downloaded a corrupted file. So I go to My Computer, then my C drive, then Program Files, then Call of Duty folder. I deleted the whole thing as my friend told me to do. After that, I try to install it again, and the screen pops up, everything clickable(Single, and Multi-Player). My last resort was to wipe my computer clean, but I don't want to unless I can do something about this!

So I am wondering why the heck won't it allow me to un-install it. It is at a very bad convenience for me.....Please :whistling:

Sincerely,
JackZeRipper

Edited by JackZeRipper, 30 April 2006 - 07:33 AM.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
ok im a bit confused. what happens when you go to add/remove programs to uninstall?

what do you mean your mp looked all crazy? We need more details. please be specific as you are able to. There are a lot of things that could be a problem and we need to narrow it down.

JackZeRipper

JackZeRipper

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
That is the thing, it dosent appear in the add/remove programs at all!

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
so what happened after you reinstalled it?

JackZeRipper

JackZeRipper

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Same exact thing......Wacked up MP and crap. Friend said i downloaded a corrupted file

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
downloaded? this isn't a retail copy of the game?

JackZeRipper

JackZeRipper

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Yes it is a retail copy...When you go into a server, sometimes you can enable an option that says "Auto-Download"

So my friend said when I did that, I downloaded a corrupted file which screwed over the game