Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Flat Panel Pixel Question

• Please log in to reply

CompAmature

CompAmature

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi. I'm new ot the forum and hope that somebody could give me some good advice. I just bought a flat panel 4 days ago and noticed that one pixel (about 5 inches from the center to the lower right corner) was staying green. The next day I turned on the computer and the pixel was green at first but was fine after the desktop loaded. Yesterday it started with no green dot and today started with the green pixel but normalized after the desktop loaded.

Is this a cause of concern or should I return it for a exchange? I love the monitor (ENVISION 7450 Pro Series 17"LCD, 1280 x 1024, .0264mm dp, 8 ms) and I got a great deal on it with a rebate on top of it. I haven't sent in the rebate yet so I can still return it and the store I bought it at gives us 30 days to return. I also am not sure if they will want to do a straight exchange since the monitor was on sale (even without the rebate) for alot less money ($130) and it is back to regular price again.

I am hoping that it will not be a problem since it seems to fix itself after the monitor warms up (?). This is my first flat panel (though it is a replacement for a notebook) and was wondering if this may just be something fairly common for these displays. I have read that a certain amount of "bad" pixels is to be expected and accepted.

I would appreciate somebody's generous input :whistling: .

Edited by CompAmature, 29 April 2006 - 08:53 PM.

Advertisements

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts

Hi. I'm new ot the forum and hope that somebody could give me some good advice. I just bought a flat panel 4 days ago and noticed that one pixel (about 5 inches from the center to the lower right corner) was staying green. The next day I turned on the computer and the pixel was green at first but was fine after the desktop loaded. Yesterday it started with no green dot and today started with the green pixel but normalized after the desktop loaded.

Is this a cause of concern or should I return it for a exchange? I love the monitor (ENVISION 7450 Pro Series 17"LCD, 1280 x 1024, .0264mm dp, 8 ms) and I got a great deal on it with a rebate on top of it. I haven't sent in the rebate yet so I can still return it and the store I bought it at gives us 30 days to return. I also am not sure if they will want to do a straight exchange since the monitor was on sale (even without the rebate) for alot less money ($130) and it is back to regular price again.

I am hoping that it will not be a problem since it seems to fix itself after the monitor warms up (?). This is my first flat panel (though it is a replacement for a notebook) and was wondering if this may just be something fairly common for these displays. I have read that a certain amount of "bad" pixels is to be expected and accepted.

I would appreciate somebody's generous input :whistling: .

One dead pixel isnt a big deal and besides its Replacement or Refund for 8 or more dead pixels only on almost every site in the usa....

sometimes you can rub it out and sometimes you cant..

CompAmature

CompAmature

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you for your help.

I didn't know that you can physically "rub it out" but will give it a try if the pixel ever gets stuck and doesn't revert back.

As I was saying, it is correcting itself now after the desktop loads so I am hoping that trend continues.

Once again thanks for the quick response. :whistling: