Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Explorer

• Please log in to reply

theBoar

theBoar

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
Hi,
I've noticed lately that some of the programs on my Windows Xp are not running quite so smooth anymore. What i mean by that is; When i try and run some programs/application, i get an error message saying that the program encountered an error and need to close, and it will give me the option to Debug, Send Error Report, or Dont Send. I also at time get a message saying that Windows Exlorer has encountered an error and needs to close. This happend when i try to run a handfull of different programs that i have installed on my computer, i've tried re-installing them with no change. I heard that there might be a problem with my registry.
I've had this problem before, and i had recieved some very good help from a forum that i'm able to find again :blink: . I remember i was told to go into Start, Run, and then type a command that i dont remember.
Can someone help me figure this problem out..... again.
THANKS
:whistling:

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Probably Start -> run, type SFC /scannow.

If any errors are found you'll need your XP installation disk. You might also want to check for malware.