Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Way outta my league

• Please log in to reply

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi gilly578...

Yes, just remove it again...if you haven't already. Then try the instructions I gave you again for hiding it. The trick is...you have to have it off the machine before you can hide it at the update site.

If you still have trouble with it, turn off automatic updates for the moment...until we get that one hidden, Open Control Panel and double click the "Security Center" icon. Click the "Automatic Updates" link at the bottom of the window. tick the button next to "Turn off automatic updates", "Apply" the change, and click "Ok".

wannabe1

Edited by wannabe1, 02 May 2006 - 06:55 AM.

Advertisements

gilly578

gilly578

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Thanks!

I removed it again and Ill try all the steps over again. As you noticed this doesnt come easy to me :whistling: so thanks for your patience :blink:

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Be sure to choose the Custom install option...that way it won't install automatically. Then click the link in the left pane for "Critical Updates". DO NOT check the box NEXT to the update. The box you need to check is UNDER THE UPDATE.

I'll stay with you until we get this problem taken care of... :whistling:

wannabe1

Edited by wannabe1, 02 May 2006 - 06:43 PM.

gilly578

gilly578

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
:) Finally :) I think I did this right

I rebooted and it hasnt reinstalled. I still have to download the programs suggested in the malware forum and do the restore point thingy.

But so far my system is working great :whistling: but im kinda afraid to go to any websites until Im finished. :help:

Should I delete the programs that I downloaded for diagnostics or just leave them ? :blink:

Thank Thanks Thanks Thanks

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Good news!

You can remove whatever you don't want to keep once you've finished in malware. Everything running the way you like it now?

Edited by wannabe1, 03 May 2006 - 09:10 PM.