Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless Network wont allow access

• Please log in to reply

Poppytara

Poppytara

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Just bought a belkin wireless pci card for desktop to conect to wireless router after moving office downstairs. After much messing about got to connect to my router. Now informed that only have limited or no connectivity. Driving me insane is the belkin software you have to install as makes life difficult when trying to us xp to sort connection. Cannot get any internet connection at all. No great computer knowledge so all help welcome.

Edited by Poppytara, 30 April 2006 - 02:54 PM.

Advertisements

MJS

MJS

• Pip
  • 4 posts
You should first clarify for yourself and for me which program you are using to manage this wireless adapter. Since you have xp it's probably windows that is managing this. You can check by going to the control panel, opening up network connections, clicking the wireless adapter and pressing view available wireless networks. If there are no networks it will tell you another program is managing the connections. If there are networks, hopefully yours!!! then windows is doing the task.

Now for the problem at hand first press start, go to run, and type in cmd. You should then see a black box appear. type in ipconfig /release (you should then wait until you see various 0s appear on your screen) after this type ipconfig /renew hopefully this will solve your problem, if not there are many more steps which we can take to ensure that your network is up and running

Poppytara

Poppytara

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Thanks for the advice but somehow got connected at about midnight!!!! re-installed for at least the sixth time and all went well???Why it didnt the 5 times before i'll never know!

Thanks again.