Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Analog Video to Digital Video Capture and Editing

• Please log in to reply

DennConn

DennConn

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
I have a Dell 8400, With Pentium 4 cpu 3.60GHZ, with 2.0 GB Ram, and a NiVIDIA GeForce 6800GTO Display adapter. I run Windows XP Pro SP2. I have a 250 GB and 300GB Internal hard drive, and a 110GM Western Digital External drive, and dual Dell 20 inch flat monitors, which i do digital picture editing with Paint shop Pro 9 and Adobe CS Photoshop.
I want to do Video capture and editing with this system. I have numerous 8mm film reels that I had put on VCR tapes a few years ago. I will need an input for a VCR tape, I have a Mitsuibishi VCR which I think is good quality, and also for a digital camera input to get the analog and digital data into my PC.

I need help finding and configuring my system to do quality Video Editing and burning Masters and DVD's for slide shows and Video shows.

I have looked at buying the following:
Matrox RTX100 XtreemPro Codex for capturing and feeding the Video to my computer
Canopus ADVC300 or ADVC 50 As an alternative to an input to the system.
Adobe Production Studio to do the video editing and burning a master and DVD .

I do not want to invest and then test, I want to define the best configuration possible and then build it.

Any suggestions as to a good solid configuration, as I am not that technically inclined. I appreciate any suggestions or ideas.

Denny

Advertisements