Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

VirtualPC for Mac - Reading CD Drive?

• Please log in to reply

mcintoe

mcintoe

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Have installed Virtual PC v.2.1.2 on my G3 Mac so I can read some Windows-based CD Roms. Installation went perfectly with the program installing Windows 98 and all the support files. Reads PC floppies perfectly, but doesn't show the files on any PC-based CD-Rom disks. Checked all the CD settings, no problems there. The Windows system sees the disks in the My Computer list, but not the data. Really has me stumped. Am guessing it's drivers, but now that Connectix support has gone, I need some major Geek assitance to figure this one out.

Advertisements

robinpow

robinpow

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I had that problem years ago, and can't remember how I fixed it. However there might be a work around. Why not copy the files from your CD to the 'shared' folder on your hard drive.

Also test a simple home made cd with nothing but files on it, and see if it reads it. This could give you a clue to where the problem is.