Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Will there be a delay with a new issue?

• Please log in to reply

noideauk

noideauk

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi
Trying to get web builder but before i do, could someone please answer the following question.
Planning a webzine and there will be a weekly new issue so i wondered if there will be down time while the site is updated, or can it be done without the site going down? is this all to do\with the hosting company?
many thanks

Advertisements

The Architect

The Architect

• PipPip
  • 58 posts
No downtime is involved - you simply update your files (offline - i.e. on your PC using whatever editor you choose) and then upload them to the host server, which will then display the new content - immediately.

Not sure if you're using a fee-based web host or a "free" one - most paid hosting companies offer some sort of guarantee regarding uptime (for example, they promise to be online and accessible by you (for updating/uploading) and your viewers (for viewing the content) 99% of the time - or 95% or whatever) - but your web host going down is not connected in any way with time it takes to upload and view new content/pages - it's a separate issue somewhat beyond your control.

noideauk

noideauk

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
many thanks for your reply, put my mind at rest.

The Architect

The Architect

• PipPip
  • 58 posts
My pleasure! :whistling: