Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can I lock WindowsXp?

• Please log in to reply

Dataran

Dataran

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I was just wondering if it was at all possible for me to `lock` my computer on windows XP without using a screensaver.

At work we use windows 2000 and we can access that ability by pressing ctrl-alt-del and then selecting the `lock computer` option.

However, I can't seem to find it on windows XP.

Am I looking in the wrong area or does XP not have that feature?

Any help that you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi Dataran!

This is very easy to do on Windows XP. What you need to do is put a password for your user account, which you can do by going to USER ACCOUNTS in the CONTROL PANEL and select your account listed and click on CREATE A PASSWORD. Once the password is created, you can then hit the WINDOWS KEY+L. When you want to log back in, you just click on your name in the list of users on the screen and type in your password and hit ENTER.

Fenor

Dataran

Dataran

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Excellent!

Thank you very much for this.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff