Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Computer restarting by itself

• Please log in to reply

HydraLisk

HydraLisk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
Okay, well the restarting stopped (for now) and now this is happning Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Advertisements

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,802 posts
This could be a tough one...

Stop 0xD1 messages can occur after installing faulty drivers or system services. If a driver is listed by name, disable, remove, or roll back that driver to confirm that this resolves the error. If so, contact the manufacturer about a possible update. Using updated software is especially important for backup programs, multimedia applications, antivirus scanners, DVD playback, and CD mastering tools.

If the restarting problem OR blue screen problem occured after installing a device or program, remove that device or program and see if the error still occurs.

If you have not added a device or program before either of those problems occured, let me know.

HydraLisk

HydraLisk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
I haven't added anything before this happened.

Edit: I also found another error occuring, and found it on the eventvwr.

The driver ialmrnt5 for the display device \Device\Video0 got stuck in an infinite loop. This usually indicates a problem with the device itself or with the device driver programming the hardware incorrectly. Please check with your hardware device vendor for any driver updates.

Edited by HydraLisk, 03 May 2006 - 05:16 PM.

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,802 posts
Good job in finding that in eventviewer :whistling:

That could be very well be your problem.

I need detailed information on your computer. There is a program that will make collecting this information very easy. Unfortunately, this program collects some information that could be used against you if it were collected by someone with malicious intent.

To prevent this, I will send you a private message. Follow its instructions in order to get the info to me, and keep that info private at the same time.

Edited by computerwiz12890, 03 May 2006 - 05:48 PM.

HydraLisk

HydraLisk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
Great, another essay lost... I checked the eventviewer after it happened, there aren't any errors.

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,802 posts
Send that WinAudit log to me via e-mail and I can solve your problem, if it is indeed the video card that is the cause of your problem.

OR

If you know the brand AND model # of your video card, you can simply post that and I can use that to find what you need.

HydraLisk

HydraLisk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
I thought I already emailed it to you.. I'll try again.

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,802 posts
No wonder I didn't get your e-mail. MSN put it in my junk folder!

I got it now. I'll post what you need momentarily.

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,802 posts
Go to the following site to download Intel 82xxx Graphic Controllers for your computer.

http://www.xpefiles....da256d5fce901a1

HydraLisk

HydraLisk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
Is the link broken? I can't seem to open it >_< I can't get access to just xpefiles.com either. Is the site down?

Edited by HydraLisk, 05 May 2006 - 09:19 PM.

Advertisements

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,802 posts
You're right. I wonder what happened... :whistling:

Get it from here instead:

http://downloadfinde.....45&submit=Go!

It will be the first download.

In addition, if this new driver doesn't work, let's check your RAM to make sure everything is working with it. In order to do that:

Download Memtest86 and save the file to your desktop.

After the file is downloaded an extract must be done to uncompress the file(s). To extract, right click on the downloaded file and select the "Extract All" option. The extract option will let you choose where the files will be extracted to. To build a bootable floppy go the the folder where the files were extracted and click on the Install icon and put a floppy disk in the floppy drive. The floppy disk will appear to be unformatted by Windows after the install is complete.

To build a boot-able CDROM use your CD burning software to create an image from the un-zipped ISO file.

Once you create the floppy or CD, reboot the computer with the floppy or CD in your computer. This should start Memtest. The testing should beging automatically. If not, start it.

The testing cycle will repeat over and over, as long as you let it. Let it run for at least 1 hour. The longer you let it run, the more accurate the results. Let me know if it finds any errors or not.

Edited by computerwiz12890, 05 May 2006 - 11:01 PM.

HydraLisk

HydraLisk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
I've already tried downloading that driver. See, if I open the installer directly, I get some error. I downloaded the read me, and it told me instructions on how to download the driver, but I need to use the .zip version. It's kinda hard to explain...

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,802 posts
How did the memtest go?

HydraLisk

HydraLisk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
I don't get how to run the memtest. I extracted the file to my desktop, now what do I do?

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Hi Hydra,

CW is going out of town for several weeks and asked that others take over his outstanding threads

You need to put a blank floppy disk in your floppy drive and run install.bat...this will create a self-booting, memory tester. After it is done, reboot your machine with the floppy in the drive.

If your system is not set up to boot to the floppy drive as the first boot device, you need to set this in bios on your pc