Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Media Player

• Please log in to reply

†_Moose_†

†_Moose_†

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
[font=Comic Sans Ms][size=4]color=#000099]Help! :blink: My Windows Media Player will not detect my cd burner. I have Windows Millenium, and I have the latest Windows Media Player for my operating system. I have an external Iomega cd burner and the program I use to burn music/data cdr/cdrw's is Hotburn, and that program works fine. The Roxio program with my Windows Media Player used to burn cd's and did so very nicely, but now all I get is an error telling me I either have no burner or that windows media player cannot detect one. What should I do? Any input would be greatly appreciated.......... :whistling:

Advertisements

.Ω.Oliver_P.Ω.

.Ω.Oliver_P.Ω.

• PipPip
  • 71 posts
okay, so your cd drive works for everything else. have you tried re-installing the drive, or possibly updating the driver.

Oliver_P.

†_Moose_†

†_Moose_†

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
[size=4][font=Comic Sans Ms][color=#000099]Where would I update the driver? At Iomega's website? Wich option would you try first? Uninstall my burner and re-install it, or update the drivers? As I stated before I can burn cd's from my Hotburn program, but not from Roxio, which comes with Windows Media Player. I used to be able to burn my music right from the media player, but it doesn't detect my iomega cd burner anymore. :whistling:

.Ω.Oliver_P.Ω.

.Ω.Oliver_P.Ω.

• PipPip
  • 71 posts
strange. i would recommend updating first, and yes probably from the companies website. if it still wont work with media player, then try uninstalling, then reinstalling it.

Patchandcrew

Patchandcrew

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
I`ve never been able to burn via Media Player so I just save what I want to a folder then burn via Nero software. I used to have Roxio [ with the plug-in burner ], but it was`nt reliable, very glitchy. Nero has been excellent instead. HTH :whistling:

†_Moose_†

†_Moose_†

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
[font=Comic Sans Ms][size=4]To Patchandcrew..........Thanks for the info, my Hotburn program does an awesome job burning cds also, so I guess I'll just stick with that and not rely on Roxio. Again, many thanks! :whistling: