Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Call of Duty Multiplayer

• Please log in to reply

shermsstuff

shermsstuff

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I see lots of questions on this topic so I figure someone can help. I was playing earlier today now it won't work. Deleted whole thing, reinstalled and still nothing. Any help would be appreciated. Also new to Geeks to Go and wondered if you can view replies to others questions. Thanks

Advertisements

Black Mage

Black Mage

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Is it a demo or an actual bought CD? :tazz:

shermsstuff

shermsstuff

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
This is a bought new bought CD which ran fine in single and fine in multiplay for a couple days. I have a new Dell inspiron 9200 with a slow phone modem. 18 month old dayghter loves to bang on keys while i play so thought maybe she was to blame. Currently downloading patch 1.5 and following Activision support's help on this subject I keeping posting if it works or not. If anyone has tried this before and has a better route please post. I was not able to find any usable info in other Geeks... chats other than in depth stuff about cards and what nots, but I know this game worked earlier today so I don't see a problem with any cards. Is there a virus or something one could pick up to cause this???

shermsstuff

shermsstuff

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
:tazz: Well being a pesimist I figured the activision help line would not work for me. I followed their advice and downloaded 1.5 patch etc.. I do have limited computer skills but I pretty sure I did everything correctly and still have the same problem. So if anyone has any other suggestions please post.

Black Mage

Black Mage

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Hmm... I think that maybe the CD is to blame. Usually, if you reinstall it, it should work unless of course if the file inside the CD is screwed up. Hope there's a return policy.

shermsstuff

shermsstuff

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
"Lordy it's a miracle, the man just vanished like a fart in the wind."
With that said I reloaded COD and did not allow the game to change to my computer settings. Any other of you having this problem go to activision's web site and look under customer help and follow the instructions for the fix. I believe my problem was trying to run the game in safe mode. If you are wondering that's a quote from Shawshank Redeption. Cheers. :tazz:

Hector

Hector

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Same thing happen to my game what i foudn out is that i had my cd reader dirty so i clean it up and tryed playing it again and it worked !