Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Port opening.

• Please log in to reply

yafim

yafim

• PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
I'm not sure this is the right area of the forum, but here it goes:

I need to open a port on my computer in order to broadcast to an internet radio.
I have a router (edimax) that is connected to other comps in the house as well as mine, I don't think
that it matters how many because my comp has internet access all the time (full).

Do i go to the router site to open them? if so, can you tell me exactly how to configure the ports in that site?
(what sections to go to and what to write there) because i'm not sure i'm doing it exactly right.

Thanx in advance.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
If you go to www.portfordwarding.com they should have all the information you need and have walkthroughs for most routers.

Also be careful with internet radio make sure you dont breach copyrights otherwise you can get yourself in alot of trouble.

yafim

yafim

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
Sry, but that link only offers vague search results for the words "port forwarding"... not explanations... do you have any exact instructions?

Possible

Possible

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
It's a good site: http://www.portforward.com/

Click Forwarding
Scroll to Edimax and pick your model of router
Scroll and find the internet radio you want to open ports for and it gives step by step