Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Win DVR-3 with Toshiba Qosmio G20/395LS notebook (Purchased in Japan)

• Please log in to reply

burton159

burton159

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi,

I have a Qosmio G20/395LS notebook (purchased in Japan) which i have since converted to English Windows XP Pro SP2. I then downloaded all the Toshiba drivers from the Toshiba UK website, choosing the Qosmio PQG20 which is the closest model to my Japanese version. (The Toshiba Japan website doesnt have all the drivers available for download, thats why I used the Toshiba UK website.)

Anyway, all functions are working perfectly, except I canot use Intervideo WinDVR3 to watch TV. It recognises the S-Video and Composite inputs, but not the TV Antenna input option. I have a normal TV antenna cable connected to the Qosmio and can watch TV with other software such as Qosmio Player, Windows Media Centre and even Intervideo Home Theatre. But not with WinDVR3 (Im using the latest version downloaded from Interviodeo`s website.) I dont like Windows Media Centre or Intervideo Home Theatre, and Qosmio Player can only be used by switching off the power off, so I defintely want to use Intervideo WinDVR.

I contacted Intervideo, and they said my hardware is definitely compatible, but I must have the correct WDM driver installed for the TV Tuner to make WinDVR work properly. Im not sure what a WDM driver is, but it sounds like i need to donwload the right driver for the TV Tuner on this Qosmio.

I checked the Toshiba Japan website but i couldnt see any TV Tuner drivers for download there. Ive tried a few of the TV Tuner drivers for various models on the Toshiba UK and US websites, but WinDVR still doesnt recognise the TV Antenna option.

Can anyone point me towards the right driver/WDM driver that I need to get this WinDVR3 software going?

Thanks very much.

Advertisements