Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CoD2 and Norton Anti Virus

• Please log in to reply

fluffman

fluffman

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi, I tried to make a CoD2 server at my home today and it appears to be working. My problem is this, Norton antivirus keep putting up those Really annoying "Security alert" boxes over and over again. No matter how fast i click the ok button they keep coming. If i am playing Cod2 then it switches out of the game. If i leave them and dont click ok i can't join my own server. PLEASE HELP ME!

I have Norton antivirus 2005 and have the CoD2 1.2 patch.

Thanks,
Fluffman

Edited by fluffman, 01 May 2006 - 08:14 AM.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
you will need to go into your av and then advance settings. turn of the worm scanning option. that should resolve the issue.

fluffman

fluffman

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
yay thx bud now i have one more question.

Whenever i switch out of CoD2 (once i have joined a game) it chrashes not instantly but when i try to go back to my game it just closes CoD2 with out any error messages. I was wondering if anyone else has had similar probems and found a way round it.

Thanks,
Fluffman

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
have you applied both patches?

fluffman

fluffman

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
yeah im usin 1.2 any ideas?

fluffman

fluffman

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
can anyone solve my problem ??

Burton1

Burton1

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
Their is a bug with the 1.2, because when i minimize the samething happens. You are not the only one having problem. Mine just happens to crash in Scrims.

Edited by Burton1, 03 May 2006 - 09:56 AM.