Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Network sharing and security

• Please log in to reply

rlssk

rlssk

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I am trying to share my drives on my pc to my networked xbox. I had it done until recently, and don't know what happened. Here is the error it gives when I try to enable:
"An error occurred while trying to share HD2(H). The server service is not started. The shared resource was not created at this time." I then went to computer management/services. When I try to start the server, which was already set to automatic, it says "could not start the server service on local computer Error 2
The system cannot find the file specified" So I then browsed for the svchost.exe file, and it is in the system32 folder. Someone help me please :tazz:

Advertisements

rlssk

rlssk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
I got a friend of mine to send me his svchost file, as he has the same network setup as I do. It still does not work. :tazz:

Eliz

Eliz

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I want to get rid of a "help desk" type connection that is on my computer illegally. This person can control what ever I do on my computer. They even went as far as to use my printer to let me see how much they can control my stuff. They can even "blink" on my monitor to let me know they are around.
I do not have to be on line for this to happen. That's the part that throws everyone off that I ask this questiuon.
Can you help me get rid of and maybe press charges against this person?

morfius

morfius

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
Try scanning your computer with adaware which you can get from Download.com or spybot. Or install a firewall if you don't have one, if you do have one, set it to monitor connections to and from your computer.

Hope this helps.

rlssk

rlssk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Eliz
Could you repost your topic in your own thread? I am getting replies to your post sent to my email. I have fixed my problem now anyhow by reinstalling the operating system. That was a last resort, but no one responded with any help.