Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

fun build i might do

• Please log in to reply

sdrene

sdrene

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
im thinking of a 2nd computer i could use because i have some spare computer parts here's what i might do:

cpu: athlon 64 3200+ venice 157.00

case: antec sonata w/ 450w psu 89.99

heatsink (if needed): thermaltake venus 12 36.99

cd-drive/hard-drive: got some extra ide 80gbs and a 52x cd drive

ram: spare stick of 1gb corsair xms proseries pc3200 ddr400

mobo: ABIT KN8 SLI 99.99

videocard: spare radeon 9800pro 128mb

this totals up to around $400 getting the new parts and if any1 has suggestions feel free to flame or comment. thanks

Edited by sdrene, 01 May 2006 - 03:45 PM.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Looks good, a retail cpu wont need a HSF bought seperate AMD hsfs are actually quite good you can actually overclock that thing to about 2.8Ghx on the stock if the chip can handle that speed. Although i think ive seen a venice 3200+for less somewhere are those from newegg?

Good solid build, you dont need an SLI board just a plain NF4 ultra with single slot is probably cheaper and would suit you better, gigabyte, MSI(i like the neo4s) or a single slot abit would be a good choice and maybe save some cash.

sdrene

sdrene

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
yeah all these parts are from newegg and i like that mobo idea. thanks for your input.=]

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
No bother its a good little system cheap but still fast one of the best configs you can put together at the moment, the venice cpus are the best in there class at that range, mine rips p4s at much faster speeds to shreds in games.

sdrene

sdrene

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
hmm the MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra is actually a little more than the one i chose. this is 110.99. another option was the ABIT KN8 Ultra Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard for 94.99 not much of a diff. hmm dunno so many to choose hehe. anybody else have any feedback on the mobo?

sdrene

sdrene

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
hmm total of 378 including shipping

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well i love the MSI but it is pricey in the US for some reason, it oozes quality and common sense features but it does cost a bit, it might be the new environmentally friendly version which might explain it, just go with whatevers cheapest and you like with the best features. Might try shopping around see if you can pick up some deals.