Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft Word Help

• Please log in to reply

gottahavealaugh

gottahavealaugh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
just doing it now

Advertisements

gottahavealaugh

gottahavealaugh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
well, ive entered into safe mode, and ive clicked on control panel icon, and just waiting now as theres an hourglass nxt to the pointer...its quite slow, but less slower than the normal mode..but since I've clicked control panel, nothing have happened for minutes...

gottahavealaugh

gottahavealaugh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
its no good

gottahavealaugh

gottahavealaugh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
ohhh actually, theres a small balloon coming out of the taskbar in the corner saying firewall may be switched off, click the button to resolve the problem..its so slow

gottahavealaugh

gottahavealaugh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
clicked on open security center....waiting now

gottahavealaugh

gottahavealaugh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
its no good, everything is just too slow for anything to work....

gottahavealaugh

gottahavealaugh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
What do I do now?

gottahavealaugh

gottahavealaugh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
I have to go now, but Ill be online tomorrow night, I really hope you can still help and I really appreciate your help :whistling:

strictor

strictor

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
Wow this is just wrong. My company is a billion dollar company and this software is supported.

Try going to your task manager (ctrl-alt-delete), click Task Manager, then click the Processes tab, on top. Click the column that says "Mem Usage" to sort by size. See if there is a process running at a really huge number. This may be the one hogging your resources.

Did you install any other software at the same time? You can't even find anything on google about problems with this software. I couldn't at least. There is even great reviews from PC Mag on it.

http://www.pcmag.com...,1681531,00.asp

gottahavealaugh

gottahavealaugh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
just looking at it down...it seems to be a less slower today..I managed to open the task manager and the large men usage are:-
svchost.exe (system)
explorer.exe (Claire)
gcasDtServ.exe (Claire)

Advertisements

gottahavealaugh

gottahavealaugh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
you are not going to believe this, but I decided to be extremely patient clicked on control panel and it took about 20 mins before it opened and went to proceed to take the programs off and it is all working now...am running a full scan now just as a extra precaution.
Thanks for all your help guys :whistling: