Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Memory Issue - PLease HElp

• Please log in to reply

Helpmenowpllz

Helpmenowpllz

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hello every 1 -

My Motherboard is a EVGA Nforce SLI - a link to this is : SLI

I have a AMD 64 bit and 1 gig of Memory ( i have two 512 sticks )

Recently i upgraded to add more two 512 sticks of the same brand in the motherboard to have a total of 2 gigs running dual channel- i did install it correct
NOW HERES THE PROBLEM: For some reason it is not picking up that i have installed another gig of memory- it still says its usual amount which is 1 gig under the mycomputer general tab and under the system information.

Talking to some people.. they told me to chance a setting in my BIOS which is VRAM to 2.75 .. Long story short it didnt work.
Can some 1 please help me solve this issue ? Thank you very much :whistling:

Advertisements

-=blaster=-

-=blaster=-

• PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
Does the BIOS indicate 2 gigs of memory?

:whistling:

Helpmenowpllz

Helpmenowpllz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hey Blaster- nice UT bro thats the game that i always play- any way I dont think it does indicate that-- i dont know a setting like that as far as i have seen

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Check your manual alot of nforce4 boards have trouble running dual channel with all the slots used you may have to change seom bios settings to allow the extra memory to be read, it will probably be single channel though not many can run it in dual channel with 4 sticks.

Helpmenowpllz

Helpmenowpllz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I talked to alot of people..... they said their might be a bios setting but no 1 knows... if any one can tell me what to change that would be great.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well the quickest thing for you to do right now is to read your motherboard manual other people can only guess unless they take the time to track down and read the manual through for you, you can go get your manual and read it now there is usually a section on memory and what configurations work and how to get them to work and if there are any specific bios settings.