Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Memory Upgrade Problem-

• Please log in to reply

Helpmenowpllz

Helpmenowpllz

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hello every 1 -

My Motherboard is a EVGA Nforce SLI - a link to this is : SLI

I have a AMD 64 bit and 1 gig of Memory ( i have two 512 sticks )

Recently i upgraded to add more two 512 sticks of the same brand in the motherboard to have a total of 2 gigs running dual channel- i did install it correct
NOW HERES THE PROBLEM: For some reason it is not picking up that i have installed another gig of memory- it still says its usual amount which is 1 gig under the mycomputer general tab and under the system information.

Talking to some people.. they told me to chance a setting in my BIOS which is VRAM to 2.75 .. Long story short it didnt work.
Can some 1 please help me solve this issue ? Thank you very much :whistling:

Edited by Helpmenowpllz, 02 May 2006 - 11:13 AM.

Advertisements

p-zero

p-zero

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts
Id say reset your CMOS, and let it redetect, it should pick up the other gig. Check your owners manual on how to reset it, if there is no info this usually works. Unplug your machine fron the outlet, pull the side cover off, theres a watch battery about the size of a quarter, remove the battery, press and hold the mouse button for about 5 seconds (to get rid of any stored energy), re-install the battery, plug it in and fire it up. It should pick up your new added ram, if not you might be off to evga tech support land.
-P.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
*warriorscot thinks this topic looks familiar, is not pleased.

Helpmenowpllz

Helpmenowpllz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Sorry War.. but I would like to thank you both personall because my problem was fixed
Thank you again