Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Cannot get rid of file

• Please log in to reply

shel2004

shel2004

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
I had subscribed to a website, www.tvadvanced.com. I no longer want the program it offered and am trying to delete all remnants of it. One file ares ultra in my program files will not delete. I tried to do it manually since my computer will not do it automatically but it says I cannot delete this file access denied. How can I get rid of it. ever since I got this dumb program it had slowed my computer down immensely.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start then run, type msconfig then press enter, press start up, look for anything associated with the programme, remove its tick(s), click apply, reboot, tick do not start the configuration utility when windows loads, try removing the file, try moving it to my documents