Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Serious Error?

• Please log in to reply

unethical

unethical

• PipPip
  • 88 posts
I left the computer for a minute and when I came back it was restarting, without me doing anything. The computer restarted and I clicked on my name. When it loaded everything up, I got the message "Windows has recovered from a serious error" . I clicked the button that says "Send Error Report", it then opens up Firefox to http://oca.microsoft...c818d586&SID=10

I then went to the "Event Viewer" and saw "Error" as below

Posted Image

I right clicked it and clicked properties, and this is the window that came up.

Posted Image

hmmmmmmm... help! :whistling:

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
well....it's claiming a driver of some kind as the faulting error....did you recently install any hardware?

In safe mode:

Right click MY COMPUTER, choose PROPERTIES, choose ADVANCED, choose the SETTINGS button in the Startup And RECOVERY section, and uncheck AUTOMATICALLY RESTART

Now reboot. This should result in the BSOD error...report the STOP ERROR and any parameters.

(p.s. i name all my personal computers BOB)

unethical

unethical

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
When I restart, do I restart it back into safe mode again? Cause I didnt restart it back into regular mode and got no errors. Last week I installed Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse Explorer 2.0.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
no start back up into normal mode after making the change...you may not get the BSOD immediately...but the next time you walk into t he room and the machine has restarted itself..you'll have that screen instead of nothing....and hopefully the BSOD will list the offending driver...

unethical

unethical

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
Alright, got the blue screen. I am using my laptop to post this. I was not on the computer, my mother was checking her e-mail,etc. She had said that the internet/computer was slow. All of sudden while she was on it started to freeze. The blue screen came on. So I restarted the computer and click my name to log on. So its goes and when it starts to load everything up, the blue screen comes up. So I went into safemode with networking and I can't get on the internet, so thats why I am on my laptop to post this. This is the important info on the blue screen.

"A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA"

'Technical information ***STOP: 0x00000050(0xF8FE4000,0X00000000,0X804092C2,0x00000000)

help me! please :whistling:

unethical

unethical

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
I did a virus scan/spyware. Bunch of stuff, deleted it all, couldnt delete a few things. I was able to log onto Windows normally, but I am getting "Windows has recovered from a serious error" every few minutes.

lorothrigs

lorothrigs

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
Maybe this site will help you with your problems.

http://kadaitcha.cx/0x50_error.html