Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

0x8007007e Outlook error message

• Please log in to reply

heritage

heritage

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
I think I have really messed up.

I only have Microsoft Office Basic on my computer and needed to add Access and PowerPoint, so I got the old disks from my old computer that I haven't used in over a year and loaded onto this computer.

The Office Basic is 2003, the Office that I loaded was 2000 Professional. I didn't think to just add Access and PowerPoint, I just hit the Install button. Well I guess that messed up my Outlook because ever sense then I have gotten the 0x8007007E error message.

I am also getting a message when I try to open Outlook that says: c:/Documents and Settings\hostname\application data\microsoft\AddIns\outlvba.dll' is not a valid Office ad-in.

I have done some internet research and tried several things to fix it. No luck.
The first thing I did was to uninstall the Office Professional 2000. Don't know if that was the right thing to do or not.

I can receive e-mail by using my Outlook Express, which I hate. I need my Outlook to work again.

It will not send or receive.

I tried to do some fix stuff that you recommened to another person on the Forum. It did not work.
The last thing I did was what you said in Step 8: If all the above have failed, open c:\windows\windowsupdate.log in notepad, choose Edit > Select All from menu, hit the DEL key. Save the file. Visit Windows update again. AFter failure, ATTACH (do not copy and paste) the c:\windows\windowsupdate.log to your next past and someone will come along and help you.

I am going to ATTACH that, if I can figure out how.

SORRY, I COULDN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO ATTACH THE FILE. It was just a blank page anyway because you said to delete everything on it. I don't get it.

Help Please. Thank you.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Try here

http://support.micro...kb/295823/en-us

heritage

heritage

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
I don't understand what I am supposed to do with a Windows Install Clean up.

There aren't any programs in that list that I need to remove.

I just need you to help me fix the 0x8007007e error message that I get with my Outlook, and the message that says

c:/documents and setting\hostname\application data\microsoft\AddIns\outlvba.dll' is not a valid Office add-in.

Can you help me please.

Thank you,

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Did you check which versions are installed, is Outlook now 2000

heritage

heritage

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
NO. I have Outlook 2003. If you will read my original message, I said that I did an UNINSTALL for the Microsoft Office Professional 2000 when the problem first arose. I thought that would solve the problem.

what now?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
When you installed 2000 it would have made changes, there is nothing to say it reverted when you uninstalled, also Office has installation files and you need to be sure you do not have the ones for 2000 instead of 2003

Open Word, click help then detect and repair, tick restore shortcuts

heritage

heritage

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Using the Word Detect and Repair scan seemed to help.

That was such an easy fix. I don't know why someone else didn't have that on their help pages during the last two days that I have been trying to fix this.

I guess I should learn to come to Geeks To Go first, instead of as a last resort.

Thanks. You are great.

Will be back in touch when I mess something else up again!
I will try to be more careful next time!

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Thank You for letting me know