Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DVD write disk error

• Please log in to reply

Coonyboy87

Coonyboy87

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I just got and installed the Sony dru-810a dvd r dl burner. It reads dvds and cd's just fine. It also burns cds just fine, but for some reason when I go to burn a dvd-r I get a write disk error before it even burns onto the dvd. Even odder is that the simulations for dvds work fine. Any ideas?

I'm using a nero program that came with the burning by the way.

Advertisements

IshmaelVignsten

IshmaelVignsten

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
try burning it at a slower speed or use a different burning program

Coonyboy87

Coonyboy87

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
i tried the slower speed idea, didn't work. I'm working on getting another burning program from a friend. Though i really don't think that's the problem.

fructose

fructose

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 284 posts
You could also try upgrading the firmware for the drive. You can get it here:
http://sony.storages...rw/firmware.htm

Coonyboy87

Coonyboy87

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Already tried that

fructose

fructose

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 284 posts
Sometimes it's the discs too. I once went through 5 CD-Rs from one company before I use another brand. Worked fine after that. I don't have much experience with DVD-Rs but I imagine that they suffer from similar problems.

Coonyboy87

Coonyboy87

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
i've tried a few kinds and they all do the same thing. plus my frind uses the same brand and they work fine for him

Coonyboy87

Coonyboy87

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Well I’ve gotten to the point where as far as I know I can't possibly do anything else. I've returned it and am being shipped a new one soon under the idea that it might just of been broken. Thanks for all your help anyway. If i get the new one and it still dosn't work i'll be back.