Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dell Dimension 2300

• Please log in to reply

groovemaster1

groovemaster1

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Does the cpu fan in the dell dimension 2300 pull air out of the case or into the case.I got a system (MB, PSU,1.7GHz Celeron, case & all the CD's)
Secondly, I have an old 128MB stick of RAM from my dimension 2100. Will this be enough for XP?
And finally can I use a non-dell windows XP PRO cd to install xp using the dell xp serial. I have the original dell XP cd but it's home edition, & I have XP PRO cd but it's not dell! :whistling:

Advertisements

p-zero

p-zero

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts
It usually pulls into the case and across the cpu heatsink. 128 mb is not enough for xp, I believe the required amount is at least 256. And more than likely your xp home serial number will not work with xp pro. And it doesnt matter if its dell original install or not, the serial number is registered to the user, not to the company reselling it.
-P.

Edited by p-zero, 03 May 2006 - 10:16 PM.