Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help with punkbuster

• Please log in to reply

DonnieDarko101

DonnieDarko101

• Pip
  • 8 posts
i keep on getting kicked from battlefield vietnam after i load my game, the message says inadequate o/s prvilages. i tried updating my punkbuster, doenst work, i tried unistalling and reinstalling, doesnt work, i tried spyware remover , doesnt work. I seen this thing on another forum and it told xp home users
Use this solution to make either an Administrator Account or a Limited Account have the correct rights to run correctly:

1) Logon as the Administrator

2) Download NTRights.exe self extracting archive that contains the NTRights.exe and the following batch file (NTRights.cmd):

CODECODE
c:\ntrights.exe -u Tester +r SeDebugPrivilege
c:\ntrights.exe -u Tester +r SeLoadDriverPrivilege
c:\ntrights.exe -u Tester +r SeSecurityPrivilege
c:\ntrights.exe -u Tester +r SeSystemEnvironmentPrivilege
c:\ntrights.exe -u Tester +r SeProfileSingleProcessPrivilege
pause

3. When you run the exe it will prompt you for the path to extract (default = c:\NTRights\

4. Right click the NTRights.cmd and select Edit, replace "Tester" with the name of your user account name that has the problem.

5. Save and run the NTRights.cmd by double clicking on it

6. Click on the game EXE, and choose "Run as...", enter your limited user and the password and check if you can play that now.

Do NOT log off in this process or log in again with that user! Just do all of the above steps in one go.

can you guys please tell me how to do this.

Advertisements

Hairybuffalokiller

Hairybuffalokiller

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hey. You need Windows access rights to solve this problem. Get the person with the main user account on your computer to update your account privilages.

On XP, click Start and then the picture for that user on the top left of the menu.

Click on "Home" in the new pop up window (its in the top left again), then click "Change an account" on the new page. Select which account is to be changed by clicking on the user picture or name. Then click on "Change the account type" and select "Computer Administrator" from the two options.

This should solve your problem. If it doesnt, re-install punkbuster with your new access rights. If for some reason your main account user wants his/her files hidden from other users, he/she can do this, just reply here if you need more help.

Hope this is of some help :tazz:

DonnieDarko101

DonnieDarko101

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I'm already the comp administrator.

Hairybuffalokiller

Hairybuffalokiller

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
lol cant help then sorry :tazz: . re-install everything to do with the game and if that doesnt work, and you REALLY want to solve the problem, re-install windows after making a backup of all important files.

Bullit Ride

Bullit Ride

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hey Donnie,

It seems i'm tackling the same issue as you, and your right nothing seems to work. Let me know if you get it resolved, and i'll do the same for you.

Bullit Ride