Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Dell Latitude running Windows XP

• Please log in to reply

Missy1

Missy1

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi, I have just purchased a Dell Latitude second hand laptop and it doesn't have a CD Drive. What I wanted to know is if I can get any CD drive and plug it into my laptop just the same as the floppy drive and if so can it be any brand, or does it have to be specifically for the Dell Latitude L400??? Thanks, Kylie :whistling:

Advertisements

williamleo

williamleo

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi Kylie,
I replaced a CD drive with a DVD burner in my laptop. I used the DVD drive from another laptop that I had. I was told to compare them side by side, and they were identical other than a couple of mounts which I replaced and the door which I had to modify a bit. Bottom line is, it worked perfect! Hope this helps!