Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ATi Omega Drivers SUCK!

• Please log in to reply

Casheti

Casheti

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
NEVER, EVER, DOWNLOAD ATi OMEGA DRIVERS. (BTW I meant X1300 PRO)

Edited by Casheti, 04 May 2006 - 12:15 PM.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
If you arent going to post something constructive..., and its not anything wrong with the drivers or with x1300s its just your pc is screwy from all accounts.

Casheti

Casheti

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
You wanna take this outside, huh? It was the omega drivers, as soon as I got rid of them, the problem stopped.

And also, how do refresh rates affect graphical quality and performance in games?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well im sure it might have been the omegas, but your PC seems like it has many minor annoyances like that, did you remember to wipe the catalysts from the system BEFORE installing the omegas, ive never heard of a problem with properly installed omegas really, they are just catalysts with some additions.

They dont its to do with the monitor, i wouldnt reccomend changing it on an LCD.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
The Omega Drivers are third party drivers and therefore strictly unofficial, nothing do with ATI and if somebody uses them and they don't work on their system, that's not ATI's problem. You will always have systems that don't like them and unfortunately if you have one of said systems, that's it.

Personally speaking, I find them a big improvement over the catalyst drivers.