Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DVD-ROM not reading DVD+R

• Please log in to reply

Bwot

Bwot

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a Hitachi GD-5000 DVD-ROM and recently I had a problem. I have a DVD+R disc that I was trying to use on my system. When I inserted the disc, I could hear the drive try to spin twice, then stop. When I atempted to read the volume from My Computer, it told me to "Please insert a disc into drive D:". I thought maybe my DVD-ROM might be going, so I tested other formats. I was successfull in all other formats. DVD, CD, CDR, CDRW, but the DVD+R was a negative. I researched the compatibility of my drive and DVD+R and it seems that it should read the disc just fine. I have unistalled my drivers and the ROM itself, reinstalled, restarted, still, nothing. I do not even get an error message when I insert the disc. It is as if I have not put anything in the drive at all. I have recently purged my computer of everything, formated my HD, and reinstalled everything. The ONLY thing I can even think of, if it is software related at all, is that I had Alcohol 120% (full version) installed, and a virtual DVD-ROM in place, I have sinced unistalled. Would that cause this issue?? I am lost. Any help would be gratly appreciated.

Advertisements