Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

You thoughts....

• Please log in to reply

Deadlightbulb

Deadlightbulb

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
Frist time I heard the name I thought it was the dumbest thing I have ever read... I don't know if Nintendo is serious or not... what do you guys think?

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
They have registered it as a trademark so i guess they are. But not a console fan and definately not nintendo fan anymore(they killed the gameboy my favourite childhood toy)

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
I've never been that much of a Nintendo fan myself probably because I had a Sega Mega Drive/Genesis when I was growing up.
If they want to make a real success of the new console they need to make more games that appeal to the european and the american markets.

p-zero

p-zero

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts
Its kinda a crappy name. Im not a fan of consoles anymore either, I used to love em as I still have a Coleco-vision (circa 1985). I lost interest after PS1/2. Thats when the PC games were A LOT better IMO. Personally, I love first person shooters so therefore I really HATE console controllers, except for fighting games. But still its a pretty sorry name.
-P.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
I like the PS1 it had great games for it, most were not pc games ported to a console in those days so you didnt have the issues PS games were made for the PS and worked well and they werent crappy anime styles or kids games they were proper games which appealed to me, but i still liked fps and strategy best which made me use the pc more and more and the games that were on the PC were better for the PC. Then later came the Ps2 and all the other consoles like Xbox packed full of PC ports or games meant for the PC and you were always underwhelmed and annoyed because console games had to be slowed down to allow for the controller issue.

Apart from racing and fighting controllers are just pants, a keyboard and mouse is alot better for everything else. Nintendo are marketing this at there same stalwart crowd there biggest selling factor hasnt been the power or new games available like other consoles its been access to the back catalogue of games, which personally are just a bit sad ok for kids but past 10 years old theres kind of a line to the kinda games you can be obsessed with.

And have you seen the "controler" for it, its a TV remote with a trigger.

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts

And have you seen the "controler" for it, its a TV remote with a trigger.

I've just seen it! What the..................... :whistling: :) :blink:
Well I suppose it's better than a separate remote. :help:

Deadlightbulb

Deadlightbulb

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

I've just seen it! What the..................... :whistling: :) :blink:
Well I suppose it's better than a separate remote. :help:

That controller is crazy! Have you read what that thing is going to be able to do?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well i heard you can use it to turn water into wine and cure world hunger. I also heard rumours that it imbues nintendo fans with magical powers and can turn itself into a giant sword.

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Do you think you'll be able to attach it to your belt and freeze time like that old cartoon I can't remember the name of. :whistling:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
lol, it also doubles as a lightsaber http://digitalbattle...ghtsabre-video/