Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Diablo III

• Please log in to reply

Deadlightbulb

Deadlightbulb

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
It seems to be a rumor BUT-

-IGN has a section for it.
-Blizzard bought the domain names.

BAD NEWS IS -

"Diablo 3 Not at E3. Blizzard only showing WoW expansion at this year's show."
http://pc.ign.com/ar...4/704813p1.html

You guys have any information?

Edited by Deadlightbulb, 04 May 2006 - 10:08 PM.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
nope. only rumor I heard was a warcraft movie was being discussed.

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
Just because it wasn't at E3 doesn't mean it isn't happening. :blink: I'd say wait, patiently, and see if any news pops up with mention of it.

My favorite E3 moment was when id software was showcasing Doom3 and everyone was like, "When will it be done? Huh? Huh? HUH?!"

And they reply, "When it's done." :whistling:

ViperKillerWannabe

ViperKillerWannabe

• PipPip
  • 86 posts

Just because it wasn't at E3 doesn't mean it isn't happening. :blink: I'd say wait, patiently, and see if any news pops up with mention of it.

My favorite E3 moment was when id software was showcasing Doom3 and everyone was like, "When will it be done? Huh? Huh? HUH?!"

And they reply, "When it's done." :whistling:

I thought that was Duke Nukem Forever...

dllp117

dllp117

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
my favorite moment from this years E3 was when the booth babes had to cover up. they're always been like "oh, you're just gamers who'll buy a game because we're wearing skimpy clothes!" or "come over here, gemer! you're going to come over here because we're wearing no shirts!"
but then the police (or something like that) had to come and tell them to be more 'pc' (politacally correct, not personal computer) and they had to cover up. And one of the quotes was "No sex, please, we're gamers." WOOTWOOT!!!

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
I believe both companies pulled the "WID" card.

Apparently, one of my managers at Target got invited to go to next years E3 because he is in the voice-over business. I was like *stab to the face* :whistling:

drizzledrizzt

drizzledrizzt

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Sweeeet avatar deadlightbulb.....

Anywhoooo, if D3 will release, I just hope there will be no monthly fees :whistling: It will be a huge breakthrough for the PC gaming world, as D2 has, and still is. And here I thought, when I started playing D2 back in my early years, it was the perfect RPG. The same will go, I am for certain, with D3.

dllp117

dllp117

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
or it might also turn out to be terrible...i'm a huge fan of the series, but you never know...of course, from a company like Blizzard, I doubt that it would turn out to be bad. But a WoW movie? I'd rather that it wasn't made. I'd like someone to name one good movie made from a video game

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
Well same thing from the reverse! Starship Troopers was and still is one of my favorite movies of all time...the game? Blew chunks bigger than China!

Games do not equal movies, unless done by Bruckheimer, who makes everything amazing.

dllp117

dllp117

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
yey...starship troopers is awsome...but the game did suck. most video game movies/movie video gamesw are sucky. except maybe riddick. that was an okay game. kinda.

mozzer11

mozzer11

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
Riddick was great, one of my fav games actually.

Dan

Dan

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 1,771 posts
http://www.gamingste...r_diablo_ii.php
This was posted quite some time ago.. Whether it's true or just more fallacy will have to wait to be seen.. :whistling:

nope. only rumor I heard was a warcraft movie was being discussed.

That's not a rumour :blink: Blizzard has confirmed that they're creating a movie with Legendary Pictures.

Blizzard Entertainment and Legendary Pictures today announced that they will develop a live-action film set in the Warcraft universe. Legendary Pictures has acquired the movie rights for the game universe, and both companies are now focused on translating the Warcraft experience to the big screen..

Press Release